Monday, May 1, 2023

POST #15 - READING AND GRQ - THOMPSON AND BORDWELL - FILM AND VIDEO HISTORY KATE HORSFIELD - BUSTING TUBE

 GRQ

1. Hans Richter

2. Ruttman

3. Rene Clair

4. Germaine Dulac

5. cinema pur or pure cinema

6. city symphony

7. vertical

8. film lyric

9. Maya Deren

10. Norman McLaren

11. Brakhage

12. Bruce Conner

13. visual effects

14. Non-linear editing software

15. portable camera

16. Feedback


Discussion

When it comes to digital media consumption, I think it depends on what I'm doing. The busier I am the less I am on social media. The more bored I am or the less I have to do, the more I am consuming media off my phone. Of course too much of anything is bad for someone. I think people being addicted to their phones is a problem. For people just watching videos or scrolling through social media, I feel like that's the same thing as reading a newspaper. This newspaper is just never ending. Also just because someone is on their phone or computer viewing digital content that doesn't mean they aren't learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment