Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Post #2 Raul Cuero

 Raul Cuero is a scientist with an interesting outlook on creativity. He thinks that to be creative individuals should go to the source, nature. He believes that people can not be creative with technology or being inside but should explore the outdoors and breathe the fresh air to be creative. He also believes that the US education system is flawed. It's focus is getting people jobs instead of just educating and teaching for the sake of gaining knowledge. He also believes that educating is solely put onto the teacher instead of the individual and their parents. It's because people lack "intellectual discussions" at home. 

I somewhat agree with Raul Cuero. I do believe that to be creative is by experiencing life and you can't do that by just staying inside all the time. That being said, I don't think nature is the main source of creativity. I believe living is the main source of creativity. Just living one's life can spark so many different things. I do agree with Raul Cuero on the education system. It is flawed in so many ways but I think it's public school systems that need to be fixed not higher level education. If public school systems were adjusted to letting kids learn and grow and not just get good grades then I think kids would become more intellectual and mentally healthier. 

I believe one is creative from birth. As a toddler, we adapt, learn and grow. It's from creativity that we are able to do so. I think because of our education system and society, we put creativity on this pedestal. Where only a select few (celebrities, famous people) are seen as true creatives and it's because of their success. This is where "I'm not creative" stems from. If an individual doesn't see their creativity as something that can be successful then they are not creative. Creativity is more than being successful, creativity is being your true self and expressing one's true self.  

To apply these concepts to my every day life, I believe I already do. I'm a film major with a focus on Producing and Screenwriting, as well as a Professional Performer. I've made it my livelihood to be creative. By just living my life and experiencing it, I'm being creative. I'm responding creatively. Just getting dressed in the morning, I'm being creative because I'm putting an outfit together. That's one reason why I love thrifting, it's being given random things and putting something together for future use. It doesn't have to be clothes but an old mirror or pottery that finds a second life. Every day I can be creative by just opening my front door and greeting the world and it's opportunities. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your post on Raul Cuero. You are so right about creativity being a part of your daily life!!! Love having you
    in my class!!!

    ReplyDelete